Toronto Marlies Game Report- March 2
BarnBurner Sports Writer
Saturday, March 2, 2019
TORONTO MARLIES (3) vs. CLEVELAND MONSTERS (2)
Cleveland: A. Clendening (4) (M. Letestu, J. Scott), Z. Dalpe (21) (R. MacInnis)
Goaltender: B. Thiessen (25/28)
Toronto: J. Jooris (8) (T. Sestito, S. Oleksy), A. Brooks (15) (J. Bracco, N. Baptiste), T. MacMaster (3) (B. Ferguson, G. Gagne)
Goaltender: M. Hutchinson (34/26)
ON THE SCORESHEET
· Josh Jooris opened the scoring unassisted at 1:55 of the first period. Jooris has 13 points (8 goals, 5 assists) in 58 games with Toronto.
· Adam Brooks scored Toronto’s second goal at 12:56 of the first period. Brooks has eight points (5 goals, 3 assists) in eight games. The Marlies are 10-1-0-2 when Brooks records a goal.
· Tanner MacMaster scored at 17:03 of the second period. This was his first goal and second point for Toronto in 10 games with Toronto.
· Tom Sestito picked up the primary assist on Jooris’ first period goal. Sestito has two points (1 goal, 1 assist) in four games with Toronto.
· Steve Oleksy had the secondary assist on Jooris’ first period goal. Oleksy has four points (2 goals, 2 assists) through 14 games with the Marlies.
· Jeremy Bracco recorded the primary assist on Brooks’ first period goal. Of his league-leading 42 assists, this was Bracco’s 30th primary assist of the season.
· Nick Baptiste registered the secondary assist on Brooks’ first period goal. This was his first point for Toronto in his second game. Baptiste has 22 points (12 goals, 10 assists) in 55 games with Milwaukee this season.
· Brady Ferguson had the primary assist on MacMaster’s second period goal. This was Ferguson’s first point with Toronto this season.
· Gabriel Gagne picked up the secondary assist on MacMaster’s second period goal. Gagne has five points (2 goals, 3 assists) in 17 games with Toronto this season.
· Michael Hutchinson stopped 34 of 36 shots he faced. Hutchinson is now 10-6-5-1 on the season with a .906 Save Percentage and a 2.94 Goals Against Average.
- Toronto is 15-6-3-1 since January 4 and have outscored their opponents 81-68, facing 13 different teams. In 19 of 25 games, Toronto has earned a point (34).
- Toronto went 1-for-1 on the penalty kill and 0-for-5 on the power play.
- Cleveland had a 36-28 edge in shots in all situations. Adam Brooks led the Marlies with four shots on goal.
- The Marlies are 20-13-6-3 against North division opponents and 3-1-1-2 against the Cleveland Monsters. Five of seven of their matches this season have gone to extra time and Toronto has been outscored 31-29 by Cleveland.
REGULAR SEASON LEADERS
- Goals: C. Mueller (24)
- Assists: J. Bracco (42)*
- Points: J. Bracco (57)
- PPG: C. Mueller (11)
- Shots: C. Rosen (127)
- +/-: C. Rosen (+10)
- PIMS: M. Marchment (56)
- Toronto is 25-6-1-1 when they score first.
- The Marlies are 19-2-1-1 when leading after the first period and 21-0-1-1 when leading after the second period.
- Toronto is 13-9-2-2 when outshot by their opponent.
- The Marlies are 12-5-0-0 in Saturday games and are 1-0-0-0 in March.
CURRENT POINT STREAKS
- Jeremy Bracco has assists (3) in three consecutive games.
- Adam Brooks has points (2-1-3) in three consecutive games.
- Andreas Borgman (concussion) did not dress for today’s game. He left Toronto’s game following the first period on February 16 against Springfield.
- Frank Corrado (knee) did not dress for today’s game. He has not appeared for Toronto since February 5 against Belleville.
- Mason Marchment (collarbone) did not dress for today’s game. He left Toronto’s game in the first period on February 1 against Laval and did not return.
- Chris Mueller (hamstring) did not dress for today’s game. He left Toronto’s game in the third period on February 10 against Belleville.