TORONTO MARLIES GAME REPORT - Sunday, January 12,2020
BarnBurner Sports Writer
Sunday, January 12, 2020
Toronto Marlies (6) @ San Antonio (1)
Toronto: T. MacMaster (8) PP (D. Archibald, P. Aberg), S. Pooley (2) (T. MacMaster, M. Hollowell), N. Petan (7) PP (K. Agostino, K. Kossila), P. Aberg (14) (N. Petan, J. Bracco), G. Wilson (7) (T. Liljegren, T. Gaudet), S. Pooley (3) (T. Liljegren, R. Clune)
Goaltender: J. Woll (40/41)
San Antonio: A. Toropchenko (4) PP (A. Poganski, D. Pouliot)
Goaltender: V. Husso (18/23), A. Wilcox (10/11)
ON THE SCORESHEET
- Tanner MacMaster opened the scoring on the power play at 8:02 of the first period and had the primary assist on Pooley’s first period goal. MacMaster has 17 points (8 goals, 9 assists) in 35 games this season.
- Scott Pooley scored at 13:05 of the first period and at 8:13 of the third period. Pooley has three goals through 11 games this season.
- Nic Petan scored on the power play at 17:02 of the first period and later added the primary assist on Aberg’s second period goal. Petan has recorded three power play goals in two straight games. He’s collected five points (4 goals, 1 assists) through three games.
- Pontus Aberg scored at 1:02 of the second period. Aberg leads the Marlies in scoring (10) on the road. Aberg has 31 points (14 goals, 17 assists) in 32 games.
- Garrett Wilson scored at 16:31 of the second period. Wilson has 11 points (7 goals, 4 assists) in 32 games.
- Darren Archibald recorded the primary assist on MacMaster’s first period goal. Archibald has 11 points (7 goals, 4 assists) in 26 games this season.
- Mac Hollowell registered the secondary assist on Pooley’s first period goal.
- Kenny Agostino recorded the primary assist on Petan’s first period goal. Agostino has points (2 goals, 3 assists) in five consecutive games. Agostino has 31 points (18 goals, 13 assists) through 31 games this season.
- Kalle Kossila picked up the secondary assist on Petan’s first period goal.
- Jeremy Bracco had the secondary assist on Aberg’s second period goal. Bracco has assists (2) in consecutive games. Bracco is fifth overall in assists (26) in the League.
- Timothy Liljegren registered the primary assist on Pooley’s third period goal. He has points (1 goal, 7 assists) in seven consecutive games.
- Tyler Gaudet recorded the secondary assist on Wilson’s second period goal.
- Rich Clune collected the secondary assist on Pooley’s third period goal. He’s recorded points (1 goal, 1 assist) in consecutive games.
- Joseph Woll stopped 40 of 41 shots he faced. Woll is now 7-8-1-1 on the season with a .898 Save Percentage and a 3.34 Goals Against Average. He is 2-0-1-0 when making 40 or more saves.
- Toronto has recorded six or more goals in five games this season.
- Toronto was 4-for-5 on the penalty kill and 2-for-3 on the power play. This is the ninth game where Toronto has scored multiple power play goals this season.
- San Antonio had a 41-34 edge in shots in all situations. Darren Archibald led the Marlies with five shots on goal.
- The Marlies are 10-5-0-0 against Central Division opponents and are 3-0-0-0 against the San Antonio Rampage.
- Toronto played the San Antonio Rampage on Dec. 7 and 8, winning both games in the back-to-back by a combined score of 7-3.
- Toronto is on their annual Boat Show road trip, returning to Coca-Cola Coliseum on January 31. Before the All-Star Break (January 26 to January 29), Toronto will face the Texas Stars, the San Antonio Rampage, the Charlotte Checkers and the Cleveland Monsters, each in two game series.
REGULAR SEASON LEADERS
- Goals: K. Agostino (18)
- Assists: J. Bracco (26)
- Points: P. Aberg, K. Agostino (31)
- PPG: N. Petan (6)
- Shots: P. Aberg (98)
- +/-: P. Aberg, G. Wilson (+9)
- PIMS: G. Wilson (58)