TORONTO MARLIES GAME REPORT - Saturday, February 22, 2020
BarnBurner Sports Writer
Saturday, February 22, 2020
Toronto 1 @ Laval 2
Toronto: M. Read (12) (H. Elynuik, E. Korshkov)
Goaltender: M. Hutchinson (34/36)
Laval: A. Alain (10) (C. Fleury, L. Vejdemo), Y. Veilleux (7) PP (L. Dauphin, K. Lynch)
Goaltender: C. Primeau (26/27)
ON THE SCORESHEET
- Matt Read put the Marlies on the board at 2:45 of the second period. He has registered nine points (7 goals, 2 assists) in his last seven games. Read has 22 points (12 goals, 10 assists) in 40 games this season.
- Hudson Elynuik recorded the primary assist on Read’s second period goal. Elynuik has 10 points (3 goals, 7 assists) through 46 games this season.
- Egor Korshkov registered the secondary assist on Read’s second period goal. He has points (3-1-4) in four consecutive games. Korshkov has 22 points (14 goals, 8 assists) in 22 games.
- Michael Hutchinson stopped 32 of 34 shots he faced. Hutchinson is now 3-0-0-0 on the season with a 0.942 save percentage and a 1.95 goals against average. This is Hutchinson’s first start for the Marlies since Nov. 23.
- Toronto was 2-for-3 on the penalty kill and 0-for-3 on the power play.
- Laval had a 36-27 edge in shots in all situations. Matt Read led the Marlies with four shots on goal.
- The Marlies are 12-14-2-1 against North Division opponents and 3-2-0-1 against the Laval Rocket. Laval has outscored Toronto 19-17 through five games.
REGULAR SEASON LEADERS
- Goals: K. Agostino (23)
- Assists: J. Bracco (30)
- Points: P. Aberg, K. Agostino (40)
- PPG: K. Agostino, N. Petan (6)
- Shots: P. Aberg (128)