TORONTO MARLIES GAME REPORT - Saturday, February 1, 2020
BarnBurner Sports Writer
Saturday, February 1, 2020
Marlies 3 VS Charlotte 4
Charlotte: O. Kaski (8) PP (J. Bean, M. Geekie), C. Bishop (4) (T. Broadhurst, G. Forsling), M. Geekie (15) (J. Kuokkanen, J. Bean), J. Gauthier (22) SH (Unassisted)
Goaltender: A. Nedeljkovic (31/34)
Toronto: T. Liljegren (5) PP (A. Brooks, J. Bracco), H. Elynuik (3) (B. Harpur, T. Liljegren), G. Wilson (8) (J. Schmaltz, T. MacMaster)
Goaltender: J. Woll (6/8), K. Kaskisuo (17/19)
ON THE SCORESHEET
- Timothy Liljegren scored on the power play at 14:09 of the second period to put the Marlies on the board. He added the secondary assist on Elynuik’s third period goal. Liljegren has 16 points (3 goals, 13 assists) in his last 13 games.
- Hudson Elynuik scored at 5:52 of the third period. Elynuik has eight points (3 goals, 5 assists) through 37 games this season.
- Garrett Wilson scored at 9:08 of the third period. This was his 400th career AHL game. Wilson has 13 points (8 goals, 5 assists) through 38 games this season.
- Adam Brooks recorded the primary assist on Liljegren’s second period power play goal. Brooks has 17 points (8 goals, 9 assists) in 24 games with the Marlies.
- Jeremy Bracco registered the secondary assist on Liljegren’s second period power play goal. Bracco is fifth in the League in assists (30).
- Ben Harpur collected the primary assist on Elynuik’s third period goal. He has three points (1-2-3) in three consecutive games. Harpur has 11 points (1 goal, 10 assists) through 31 games this season.
- Jordan Schmaltz picked up the primary assist on Wilson’s third period goal. Schmaltz has 12 points (2 goals, 10 assists) through 32 games this season.
- Tanner MacMaster had the secondary assist on Wilson’s third period goal. MacMaster has recorded four points (2 goals, 2 assists) through three straight games.
- Joseph Woll stopped 6 of 8 shots he faced in 19:19 of action. Woll is now has a .885 save percentage and a 3.71 goals against average. Kasimir Kaskisuo stopped 17 of 19 shots in relief of Woll. He is now 12-7-2-1 on the season and has a .912 Save Percentage and a 2.67 Goals Against Average.
- Toronto was 3-for-4 on the penalty kill and 1-for-7 on the power play.
- Toronto had a 34-27 edge in shots in all situations. Jordan Schmaltz led the Marlies with five shots on goal.
- The Marlies are 2-3-0-1 against Atlantic Division opponents and finish their regular season series 1-2-0-1 against the Charlotte Checkers.
REGULAR SEASON LEADERS
- Goals: K. Agostino (21)
- Assists: J. Bracco (30)
- Points: P. Aberg (35)
- PPG: N. Petan (6)
- Shots: P. Aberg (115)
- +/-: B. Harpur (+10)
- PIMS: G. Wilson (69)
HOME SWEET HOME
- Toronto’s home record is 14-7-0-0 (28 points) this season. Toronto’s longest home point streak reached 18 points from Oct. 5 to Nov. 24 (9-0-0-0).
- The Marlies have outscored their opponents 75-56. Kenny Agostino leads the Marlies in goals (14) and Jeremy Bracco in assists (18) at home.
- Goaltenders Kasimir Kaskisuo (7-3-0-0) and Joseph Woll (4-4-0-0) have combined to make 474 saves. Michael Hutchinson also started three games (3-0-0-0) at Coca-Cola Coliseum.
- The Marlies are 7-11-1-0 when trailing after the first period and 3-14-2-1 when trailing after the second period.
- Toronto is 7-7-2-0 when outshooting their opponent.