TORONTO MARLIES GAME REPORT - Friday,February 7, 2020
BarnBurner Sports Writer
Friday, February 7, 2020
Toronto 4 @ Belleville 7
Toronto: P. Aberg (15) (T. MacMaster, K. Rubins), M. Marchment (6) PP (N. Petan, J. Duszak), M. Marchment (7) (N. Petan), M. Marchment (8) PP (N. Petan, J. Duszak)
Goaltender: K. Kaskisuo (22/27), J. Woll (2/3)
Belleville: J. Szwarz (13) PP (J. Norris, E. Brannstrom), M. Carcone (12) (J. Murray, A. Formenton), J. Norris (25) (J. Murray), E. Brannstrom (2) (M. Lajoie), M. Klimchuk (11) (J. Aspirot, J. Daccord), J. Beaudin (3) SH (A. Formenton, J. Dougherty), P. Kelly (8) EN (Unassisted)
Goaltender: J. Daccord (36/40)
ON THE SCORESHEET
- Pontus Aberg opened the scoring at 4:30 of the first period. Aberg has six points (4 goals, 2 assists) in six games against Belleville this season.
- Mason Marchment scored his second hat trick of the season with goals at 1:03, 4:27 and 18:14 of the second period. Marchment picked up his first two power play goals of the season.
- Tanner MacMaster recorded the primary assist on Aberg’s first period goal. MacMaster has five points (2 goals, 3 assists) in his last five games.
- Kristians Rubins registered the secondary assist on Aberg’s first period goal. Rubins has nine points (1 goal, 8 assists) through 34 games this season.
- Nic Petan collected the primary assist on all three of Marchment’s second period goals. Petan has 12 points (3 goals, 9 assists) in five games this season against Belleville.
- Joseph Duszak picked up the secondary assists on both of Marchment’s power play goals. Duszak has four point (1 goal, 3 assists) through nine games with the Marlies.
- Kasimir Kaskisuo stopped 22 of 27 shots he faced in 48:10 of action. Kaskisuo is now 12-8-2-1 on the season with a .908 save percentage and a 2.79 goals against average. Joseph Woll stopped 2 of 3 shots in relief of Kaskisuo. He is now has a .884 Save Percentage and a 3.71 Goals Against Average.
- Toronto was 2-for-3 on the penalty kill and 2-for-5 on the power play. This is the 10th time Toronto has recorded more than one power play goal in a game this season.
- Toronto had a 40-31 edge in shots in all situations. Mason Marchment led the Marlies with seven shots on goal.
- The Marlies are 10-11-2-1 against North Division opponents and 3-4-0-0 against the Belleville Senators.
REGULAR SEASON LEADERS
- Goals: K. Agostino (21)
- Assists: J. Bracco (30)
- Points: P. Aberg (36)
- PPG: N. Petan (6)