TORONTO MARLIES GAME REPORT - Friday,February 14, 2020
BarnBurner Sports Writer
Friday, February 14, 2020
Toronto 4 @ Belleville 2
Toronto: M. Marchment (12) (K. Agostino), K. Agostino (22) PP (M. Marchment, A. Brooks), E. Korshkov (13) (K. Rubins, M. Read), M. Read (8) (G. Wilson, K. Rubins)
Goaltender: K. Kaskisuo (26/28)
Belleville: J. Dougherty (4) (V. Abramov, J. Szwarz), V. Abramov (16) (J. Murray)
Goaltender: J. Daccord (29/33)
ON THE SCORESHEET
- Mason Marchment put the Marlies on the board at 19:13 of the first period and later added the primary assist on Agostino’s second period goal. He has seven goals in his last four games. Marchment has 17 points (12 goals, 5 assists) through 23 games.
- Kenny Agostino scored on the power play at 9:22 of the second period and earlier had the lone assist on Marchment’s first period goal. He has points (1-3-4) in three consecutive games. Agostino has 38 points (22 goals, 16 assists) in 41 games this season.
- Egor Korshkov scored at 18:17 of the first period. This was his first career AHL game-winning goal. Korshkov has 20 points (13 goals, 7 assists) in 34 games with the Marlies.
- Matt Read scored at 8:46 of the third period and earlier added the secondary assist on Korshkov’s second period goal. He has goals (3) in three consecutive games. Read has 17 points (8 goals, 9 assists) in 36 games this season.
- Adam Brooks recorded the secondary assist on Marchment’s first period goal. Brooks has 18 points (8 goals, 10 assists) through 27 games this season.
- Kristians Rubins registered the primary assist on Korshkov’s second period goal and the secondary assist on Read’s third period goal. He has points (1-2-3) in consecutive games. Rubins has 12 points (2 goals, 10 assists) through 37 games this season.
- Garret Wilson had the primary assist on Read’s third period goal. This was his 200th career AHL point. Wilson has 15 points (8 goals, 7 assists) in 41 games this season.
- Kasimir Kaskisuo stopped 26 of 28 shots he faced. Kaskisuo is now 14-8-2-1 on the season with a .909 save percentage and a 2.73 goals against average.
- Toronto was 6-for-6 on the penalty kill and 1-for-5 on the power play. This is the third consecutive game Toronto has not allowed a goal on the penalty kill (15/15).
- Toronto had a 33-28 edge in shots in all situations. Adam Brooks led the Marlies with seven shots on goal for the second consecutive game.
- The Marlies are 13-11-2-1 against North Division opponents and 4-4-0-0 against the Belleville Senators. Toronto has outscored Belleville 31-26 through eight games.
REGULAR SEASON LEADERS
- Goals: K. Agostino (22)
- Assists: J. Bracco (30)
- Points: P. Aberg, K. Agostino (38)
- PPG: K. Agostino, N. Petan (6)
- Shots: P. Aberg (123)
- +/-: P. Aberg (+11)
- PIMS: G. Wilson (69)