Super Bowl Ad Preview, Porzingis To Mavericks
BarnBurner Sports Writer
Friday, February 1, 2019
Super Bowl is almost here and even though most of the talk all week has been breaking down the LA Rams and NE Patriots coaching style, offensive capabilities/defensive capabilities, grit etc, the other main focus is what a $5 million 30-second commercial spot looks like. Why do advertisers spend so much? Not only are over 100 million people expected to tune in to the Super Bowl, but advertisers milk the ads before the game and expect lots of attention and viewing online after the game. So, here's a preview of what we can expect (with YouTube links):
- Jeff Bridges and Sarah Jessica Parker in Stella Artois ad
- Jason Bateman as an elevator operator in ad for Hyundai
- Toni Harris (a female football player who got recruited to play in college) for Toyota
- Clydesdales for Anheuser-Busch
- Christina Applegate for M&M's
Tune in Sunday 6:35 EST on CBS!
In the NBA, a big trade went down on Thursday where the Dallas Mavericks made a deal to get the Knicks' 7-3 forward, Kristaps Porzingis. Porzingis is only 23 years old and was drafted 4th by the Knicks in 2015.